Tree and Friend

My tree hasnt really changed since the last time I visited it. It got a little thicker in it’s base but that really it.

My name is Harper and apparently that is a boy’s name that means Harp Player. Wow. How exciting.

I have decided to name my tree Woodstock. I have 2 trees at my families house that hold up a hammock (unrelated but kind of hippie) that are named Joplin and Hendrix so I thought I’d name this one Woodstock because they both preformed at Woodstock.

The slug that I photographed name is Crosby, also from Woodstock.

In the book wishtree red and bongo are best friends. Bongo is an optimist and red is a pessimist. That is what Woodstock and Crosby I think would be like.

Optimist definition: a person who tends to be hopeful and confident about the future or the success of something.

Example: dang. I didn’t get the job. I’m sure I’ll get the next one.

Pessimist definition: a person who tends to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen. 

Example: oh no I didn’t get the job. That was really my only hope at a job, I’m screwed.

Dialogue between my critter and my trree

C: heyyyy Woodstock how ya doin’

W: I’m good. Just sitting here. So many annoying kids wanting my picture. Downsides of being famous right?

C: heh totally. Well what are you doing right now?

W: trying to get all my ants inside so these kiddos stop photographing me

C: yeaaa. I’m working on my heart artwork. It’s called “snails suck” because slugs area Soo much better.

W: yes that is totally true. Well I gotta go. Somebody tipped off the paparazzi.

C: bye buckaroo